Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Here's My Business Card

Recently I have been plagued with men giving me their business cards. Now I have to admit it's pretty slick. The pressures off, you've thrown the ball in my court and if I call/text it's a hint that I'm at least somewhat interested. It helps me out a bit too cause now I know what you do, where you work, and can google search your email/full name for your twitter, facebook, linkedIn or any other social networking site you decided to join and find out if you participate in any illicit activity (or that you're captain of a winning water polo team...HOT!). For those of you with lawyer friends or family or perhaps you're one yourself, you can now Lexus Nexus him and see if he has any liens, criminal records, auto loans, brothers, etc. So maybe it's best you don't hand me your business card? ;)

Either way, I don't believe in this strategy. Call me old school, but I'm a firm believer that the man is the hunter and I'm the winning prize if he hunts well enough. Let's face it, men like being well...men. They want to be the man, the aggressor, the hero. Where is the fun if I take over the role? Don't get me wrong ladies, I'm all for independence and what not. But if a guy doesn't pay for dinner, if he doesn't open your door, or treat you like a gentlemen should we get all in a huffy puff right? If you wanted true equality then you'd dutch the dinner, open your own door, and do your own acts of chivalry. So that wage gap due to gender? I support it, in the end guys end up putting out more cash (usually). It's not like I have to pay for the first couple of dinners, buy the occasional flowers and eventually the engagement ring. So fellas, take that couple extra $K...you deserve it.

Now back to the business card thing. So what do I do when they hand it to me? I hand it back. Yups that's right I give it right back to them and tell them flat out I'm not big on it, and they should call me sometime if they want to hang. When they playfully ask me how, I respond just as playfully back, by calling me. DUH. Now the ball's back in their court and the playing field is how it should be. The man as the hunter, and me the holy grail. And if it isn't this way, you just might find yourself having to do all the chasing...or "man" roles and that's no fun.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment